1. The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) has issued its annual call for entries for the Golden Image Competition, which recognizes its members’ best work in a wide variety of categories, from banners and garments to ceramics and embroidery.
2. Montreal Neon Signs is celebrating its 25th anniversary. Having started with a handful of employees when it was founded in 1993, the company now employs nearly 100 people in Laval, Que., Ottawa, Toronto and Chicago, Ill.
3. The sign, graphics and visual communications industry is enjoying solid growth, thanks to a strong global economy and the availability of new products, according to the International Sign Association’s (ISA’s) most recent quarterly economic report.
4. Avery Dennison Graphic Solutions has opened its annual Wrap Like a King Challenge to installers around the world. The vehicle-wrapping competition offers prizes for regional and continental winners, as well as one overall champion.
5. E&T Plastics, which manufactures and distributes substrates for the sign and display industry in Canada and the U.S., is using a Saber XT paper cutter from Colter & Peterson to process large plastic sheets.