1. The Royal Canadian Legion Dominion Command launched its second annual ‘virtual poppy drop’ in Ottawa, with a digital light show featuring the images of 117,000 poppies cascading down Centre Block on Parliament Hill.
2. Last month’s Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) Expo drew nearly 600 exhibitors and more than 19,000 attendees to the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, La., highlighting the strength of the industry.
3. Cadillac Fairview (CF) contracted Toronto-based Eventscape to engineer, fabricate and install a digital interactive sculpture with an integrated camera at the Eaton Centre, allowing customers to appear on its face.
4. For Canada’s recent 150th anniversary of Confederation, Sleek Signs printed graphics on perforated films and installed them on Harvard Developments’ two Hill Centre Towers in downtown Regina.
5. The digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising market was valued at US$12.5 billion in 2006 and will reach US$26.2 billion by 2023, according to a new forecast from Research and Markets, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7 per cent.