Here’s your quick morning update on news in the sign industry:
1. Audiovisual (AV) technology integrator Advanced, based in Mississauga, Ont., has designed and installed an outdoor digital display with a custom-built heat-regulating enclosure for Park Place, a shopping centre in Barrie, Ont.
2. Toronto-based exhibit and display fabricator Holman’s design for lighting product distributor Feelux Canada’s booth at the recent Iidex architecture exposition won a silver award for innovation.
3. The Digital Signage Expo (DSE) has launched Through Your Lens, a competition that invites industry professionals to submit and share creative videos to help promote the upcoming 2017 edition of the annual show and conference.
4. The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) says it will add new signage to its Queen’s Park subway station after concerns were raised about how to find the facility’s accessible entrance.
5. Technological advances and urban infrastructure investments will drive the value of the worldwide digital signage market past US$23 billion by 2023, according to new research report by Global Market Insights.