1. Out-of-home (OOH) advertising firm Outfront Media’s Canadian business has activated the first screens in a new multi-stage digital signage deployment in Toronto’s Yonge-Dundas Square, part of a 10-year agreement.
2. Throughout this year, to help celebrate Canada 150, Montreal-based Moment Factory has worked with artists and cultural organizations across the country to stage digital multimedia projection events in public spaces.
3. Outdoor light-emitting diode (LED) sign and digital billboard manufacturer Watchfire Signs is now seeking submissions for its fourth annual LED Sign Awards program, which honours the best uses of digital components for on-premise signs.
4. The Ontario Heritage Trust has unveiled new provincial plaques commemorating the Anishinaabeg hunter-gatherer society at Lake of Bays and the Franco-Ontario flag at the University of Sudbury.
5. Catherine Monson, president and CEO of sign shop franchisor FastSigns International, has been named one of 2017’s recipients for Northwood University’s Distinguished Women Award. She and six other business leaders were honoured at a gala last month.