1. Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), based in Waterloo, Ont., has won a 2018 Digi Award for the ‘endless aisle’ digital signage and kiosk network it developed in 2017 for a Toys R Us concept store in Langley, B.C.
2. Intrepid Travel recently set up a graphics-filled pop-up shop within Toronto’s Eaton Centre, including a wrapped vending machine that offered the chance to win one of 12 free trips, while also raising funds for charities.
3. Out-of-home (OOH) advertising campaigns for travel fare aggregator Kayak and Metro Vancouver’s municipal government have won the OOH Marketing Association of Canada’s (OMAC’s) Iris Awards for the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2017.
4. Registration has opened for the Wide-Format Exchange (WFX), a new conference from the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) that will focus on networking, education and the convergence of technologies and markets.
5. Toronto-based Eventscape recently engineered, fabricated and installed Coty’s Fume Scent Lounge, which blends digital and static signage, inside the Hudson Bay Company’s (HBC’s) department store at Yorkdale Shopping Centre.