SGIA names Product of the Year winners
August 28, 2017
The Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) has announced the winners of is Product of the Year Awards for 2017. From a total of 222 entries, 49 rose to the top, across a wide variety of categories.
This year’s competition saw the addition of several new categories, including die cutters, automation equipment and raster image processor (RIP) and workflow software. All entries will be displayed in October in the Golden Image Gallery at the 2017 SGIA Expo in New Orleans, La., with the awards presented at a special pre-expo ceremony.
The following are all of the winners in non-garment categories:
- Digital inks – textile: Sawgrass’ SubliJet-HD Flex sublimation inks.
- Digital inks – ultraviolet-curable (UV-curable): Marabu’s UltraJet DUV-GR.
- Finishing – display/exhibit hardware: Windigo Signs’ portable sidewalk sign.
- Finishing equipment – routers/cutters: Gravograph’s LS900 Energy laser engraver.
- Finishing equipment – die cutters: Rollem International’s Insignia die cutters.
- Finishing equipment – other: Leister’s Hemtek ST banner welder.
- Finishing – laminates, adhesives, films, coatings: E.L. Hatton Sales’ Banner Ups adhesive no-sew KederTape for silicone-edge graphics (SEGs).
- Automation equipment – print/post: Esko’s Kongsberg automatic robotics system.
- Software – workflow, raster image processor (RIP) or web-based design, personalization or product building: Onyx Graphics’ Hub.
- Media – films: Newlife Magnetics’ Miracle Mag.
- Media – non-polyvinyl chloride (non-PVC): Flexmag Industries’ 1-m (40-in.) Flexcoat-EZ.
- Media – adhesive-backed vinyl: Mactac’s Rebel X-treme.
- Media – adhesive-backed non-vinyl: Floor Signage/AlumiGraphics’ EZGrip graphics.
- Media – rigid/corrugated: United Visual Products’ Blank LED Embedded corrugated sign.
- Media – banner (non-textile): Vescom’s Metallic Sand.
- Media – heat transfer vinyl/polyurethane (PU)/specialty: Chemica’s HotMark Revolution.
- Media – textile (banner): Pacific Coast Fabrics’ Heavy Deko-Stretch 8488GFS.
- Media – textile (canvas): Pacific Coast Fabrics’ Basketweave Canvas S/565.
- Media – textile framing systems: Senfa-Decoprint’s Alterra.
- Media – textile wallcovering: Dreamscape’s WallWrap Silver Fusion.
- Media – textile home furnishings: PremEx Solutions’ DuraVibe Latex Fabric/Leenane.
- Screenprinting – pre-press (exposure/imaging): M&R’s I-Image S computer-to-screen (CTS) imaging system.
- Screenprinting – curing and drying equipment: Brown Manufacturing Group’s FireFly and Vega combined curing system.
- Screenprinting – post-press (clean/reclaim): Lawson Screen & Digital Products’ Ajax in-line reclaimer.
- Flatbed/hybrid printer – under US$100,000: Mutoh’s ValueJet 1638UH.
- UV-curing hybrid printer – US$100,000 to US$500,000: EFI’s Pro 16h.
- UV-curing flatbed printer – under US$100,000: Canon Solutions/Océ Display Graphics Systems’ Arizona 365GT.
- UV-curing flatbed printer – US$100,000 to US$200,000: Vanguard Digital Printing Systems’ VK300D.
- UV-curing flatbed printer – US$200,000 to US500,000: Canon Solutions/Océ Display Graphics Systems’ Arizona 6160 XTS with high-flow vacuum.
- UV-curing flatbed printer with white ink – US$100,000 to US$200,000: Mimaki’s JFX200 2531 (pictured).
- UV-curing flatbed printer with white ink – US$200,000 to US$500,000: Canon Solutions/Océ Display Graphics Systems’ Arizona 6170 XTS with high-flow vacuum.
- Small flatbed printer – industrial/small item decoration: Mutoh’s ValueJet 626UF.
- Roll-to-roll (RTR) solvent/latex printer – under 2 m (80 in.): Mutoh’s ValueJet 1638X.
- RTR solvent/latex printer – over 2 m: HP’s Latex 3600.
- RTR UV-curing printer – under 2 m: Mutoh’s ValueJet 1638UH.
- RTR UV-curing printer – over 2 m: Durst Image Technology’s Rho 312R Plus.
- RTR/hybrid/flatbed new printing technology or ink set: Canon Solutions/Océ Display Graphics Systems’ Colorado 1640.
- RTR direct-disperse textile printer: Durst Image Technology’s Rhotex 325.
- RTR dye sublimation textile printer: Epson’s [embargoed product name TBA].
- RTR dye sublimation metal printer: Epson’s SureColor F6200.
- UV-curing/hybrid/flatbed printer – high-volume production: Durst Image Technology’s Rho P10 250 HS Plus.
- [Image]: https://www.signmedia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Mimaki_JFX200-2531_6x4.jpg
Source URL: https://www.signmedia.ca/sgia-names-product-of-the-year-winners/
Copyright ©2017 Sign Media unless otherwise noted.