As businesses and other organizations plan regional meetings, national conventions, fundraising galas and other large-scale events for the year ahead, there is an important opportunity for sign shops to ensure they present a consistent visual experience.
“The average adult’s attention span is shrinking, making well-planned event graphics more crucial,” says Drue Townsend, senior vice-president (SVP) of marketing for sign shop franchisor FastSigns International. “Distinct, attention-getting signs and graphics create a seamless brand experience, which helps attendees learn about the event and stay engaged.”
From banners to décor, wide-format printed graphics can visually transform a venue and make a distinct impact at different stages. With that in mind, FastSigns offers the following seven tips to help make the most of customers’ corporate events:
- Suggest promoting the event ahead of time with banner stands and other wide-format printed graphics.
- Print wall murals, colourful table throws and fabric backdrops for use on the day(s) of the event.
- If the event involves an auditorium, wrap the podium and customize further graphics for the stage (example pictured).
- Use or add digital signage in strategic locations to promote the different activities that are part of the event (e.g. meeting schedules).
- Produce and install temporary directional wayfinding signs to help event attendees get where they need to go.
- Print on removable substrates for wall, window and floor graphics, so the customer can display messages in more places.
- Suggest thanking sponsors and attendees as they exit the event with A-frame signs and bow flags.
With files from FastSigns International. For more information, visit www.fastsigns.com.