The finalists for the upcoming 2017 Digital Signage Expo’s (DSE’s) Apex Installation Awards have been announced, including six Canadian contenders, as chosen by an independent panel of industry experts.
The awards program, now in its 14th edition, recognizes achievements in the installation of digital and interactive displays with creative and compelling content for viewers. Hundreds of companies have been honoured for innovations over the years. This year’s 27 finalists were selected from a field of 138 entrants from 12 countries.
Gold, silver and bronze awards in each of nine categories will be presented at a networking reception on Mar. 29 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The following are all of the finalists, with Canadian projects and companies indicated in bold:
Arts, entertainment and recreation
- Bluecadet for Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum.
- Christie for Star Wars: The Force Awakens Red Carpet World Premiere.
- Second Story/SapientRazorfish for SFMOMA/Photography Interpretive Gallery.
Business and government services
- Dimensional Innovations for Hy-Vee Headquarters (HQ).
- Forge Media + Design, Toronto, for 2 Queen Entry Experience.
- Salesforce for Salesforce West Lobby Video Screen.
Education and health care
- GestureTek, Toronto, for St. Joseph’s Health Centre Just for Kids Clinic.
- Second Story/SapientRazorfish for Libbie Mill Library Media Installation.
- Sensory Interactive for Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
Event venues and hospitality
- 10net Managed Solutions, North Vancouver, for Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics.
- Dimensional Innovations for U.S. Bank Stadium/Vikings Voyage.
- Movilok for La Fonda Barranco.
Food and beverages
- Converse Marketing for Caterpillar/Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas.
- HeroFi for Buffalo Wild Wings TV/B-DUBS TV.
- SiliconCore for Sportsbar 1904 at the FIFA World Football Museum.
- Dreambox Visual Communications for TAPI Pipeline Groundbreaking Ceremony.
- ESI Design for Terrell Place, Washington, D.C.
- SapientRazorfish for Allied Reit/Mimur’s Well.
- Dreambox Visual Communications for Conquest of Istanbul, 563rd Anniversary.
- Float4, Montreal, for Meraas Holding/City Walk.
- Intersection for LinkNYC.
- Razorfish for T-Mobile Times Square Store.
- The Sandbox Agency for LG’s Best Buy TV Experience Wall.
- Shikatani Lacroix Design, Toronto, for China Zheshang Bank.
- Gridcast Media, Markham, Ont., for Toronto Pearson International Airport Terminal 1.
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority Arts & Design for the Blowing Bowler.
- NanoLumens for Miami International Airport.