Printable film manufacturer Avery Dennison recently announced the regional winners of its annual ‘Wrap Like a King’ vehicle graphics contest, naming 10 installers from around the world as ‘Regional Wrap Kings.’
A panel of eight industry judges evaluated submissions based on visual transformation, quality/skill level of installation, overall appeal, and design uniqueness.
British Columbia’s Sapphire Creative won the regional Canadian award for its ‘Spiderghini’ design. The project took one week to design and another week for installation. The intent of the project was to replicate the IronSpider suit design from Avengers Endgame.
The iconic Spiderman logo was featured on the back of the car. Avery’s SW 900 gloss white, diamond white, and DOL1360 3D gloss were used for this project.
Other winners include:
- ‘Nebula Graffiti GR’ (Corsa Auto Design and Empire Vinyl Co.—New York);
- ‘Creature from the Wrap Lagoon’ (MetroWrapz—Hollywood, Fla.);
- ‘Deathstroke McLaren 650s’ (Eric Gosselin of ECD and PG Nola—Louisiana);
- ‘P57’ (IVS Wraps—Holmen, Wis.);
- ‘Willys—Chrome Punisher’ (Incognito Wraps—Las Vegas, Nev.);
- ‘Printed Chrome Caracachews Wrap’ (Venom Wraps—Horsham, U.K.);
- ‘Lamborghini Aventador’ (M-Wrapping—France);
- ‘BMW M135i/Artist’ (WrapStyle s.r.o.—Czech Republic); and
- ‘Parrot in Flowers’ (SIGNal Design GmbH—Schwäbisch Hall, Germany).
“We’re amazed with the level of creativity put into each of the projects submitted this year,” said Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America’s senior global segment manager, Abby Monnot. “The panel was impressed with how many installers found a way to bring imaginative concepts into reality using our products. We’re proud to be able to provide a platform where installers can showcase their work to the world.”
The regional winners will go on to compete for the title of ‘Continental Wrap King,’ which will be awarded on Oct.1. Continent winners will then be considered for the ultimate title of ‘King of the Wrap World,’ which will be announced Nov. 5 at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nev.