1. To mark Canada’s 150th birthday, charitable education organization Vibe Arts and Toronto’s Scarborough Town Centre (STC) shopping mall have unveiled 60 murals hand-painted by 500 young people in every province and territory.
2. Astral Out of Home, a division of Bell Media, has announced the winners of its annual Carte Blanche for Creatives out-of-home (OOH) competition, for which participants across Canada were asked to create an original digital billboard ad for one of their clients.
3. 10net, a digital signage company based in North Vancouver, has provided dynamic menu boards for the Salish Orca, BC Ferries’ newest vessel, which began service in late May on the Comox-Powell River route.
4. FastSigns International president and CEO Catherine Monson has been selected to serve on the board of directors for the International Digital Enterprise Alliance (IDEAlliance), which validates and certifies wide- and grand-format inkjet printing systems.
5. Pattison Onestop, which sells and operates digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising, has added Winnipeg to its office network portfolio, starting with the installation of elevator screens at 360 Main, one of the city’s most prominent downtown office towers.