1. The Sign Association of Canada (SAC) announced the winners of its annual sign competition during its national trade show, Sign Expo Canada, in Mississauga, Ont.
2. National Bank inaugurated Bleu de Bleu, an outdoor art installation it commissioned from Alain Paiement, spanning 8 km (5 mi) of Autoroute 20 leading into Montreal, between the Dorval Circle and the 1st Avenue overpass.
3. Light-emitting diode (LED) digital display manufacturer NanoLumens has opened its third annual Crystal Nixel Awards program for submissions, which will be voted on by a panel of industry professionals.
4. Earlier this year, Icon Digital Productions of Markham, Ont., produced and installed window graphics commemorating Canada 150 on behalf of Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport.
5. Sign Media Canada recently conducted its 11th annual salary survey, asking its readers to weigh in on their careers and the current state of the Canadian sign industry.