Sign Media Canada’s 11th Annual National Sign Competition
Each year, Sign Media Canada’s sign competition acknowledges the greatest achievements in Canadian signmaking.
The competition is open to the national sign industry. Projects submitted for this year’s edition must have been completed and installed in Canada between March 31, 2016, and March 31, 2017.
Signs will be honoured in the following categories, regardless of their specific manufacturing/fabrication method:
• Building identification signs, including awnings and canopies.
• LCDs, LED or OLED screens, dynamic projections, etc.
• Neon, LED, fluorescent, etc.
• Billboards, POP displays, transit ads, posters, etc.
• Wayfinding, commercial systems, etc., comprising at least three signs.
• Banners, fabric graphics, inflatables, etc.
• Monument, pylon, post, etc.
• Special projects outside the other categories.
• Wraps, decals, pinstriping, etc.
How to enter
Visit competition.signmedia.ca. For each submission, you will need to complete an entry form and provide two or more photos of the sign project, taken at different distances and angles.
There is no charge and you may enter multiple projects in the competition. All materials submitted become the property of Sign Media Canada, including rights for reproduction.
Sign Media Canada can accept digital images that are minimum 300 dpi in resolution, large enough for layout (minimum 4 x 6 inches or 1,200 x 1,800 pixels) and formatted as .jpg or .png files. Vertically oriented photos that are at least 9 x 12 inches may be considered for cover use. No low-resolution files will be accepted.
Judging and awards
Competition entries will be judged by a panel of industry experts appointed by Sign Media Canada. Their criteria will include originality, creativity, appearance and design suitability. The names of the winners will be announced in the July 2017 issue of Sign Media Canada and the awards will be presented to them shortly thereafter.
Deadline for entries: May 1, 2017